Estate, Trust and Fiduciary Litigation
Attorney Husain represents fiduciaries, individuals and charitable organizations in their capacities as personal representatives, beneficiaries, custodians, agents under powers of attorney, guardians, and/or interested parties to resolve a broad range of estate, trust and probate disputes involving complex legal and tax issues. Estate, fiduciary and trust litigation comes with special challenges, often driven by complicated and interwoven financial, legal, and emotional factors. If a dispute arises, Attorney Husain works with clients to identify problems and opportunities, consider and present strategies to accomplish his clients’ goals.Serving Clients' Needs
The services of Karim P. Husain, Attorney at Law encompass the needs of any client that faces fiduciary, estate and trust disputes from pre-litigation counseling to trial and appeal.
Attorney Husain handles matters that include:
- Fiduciary removal and disqualification actions
- Breach of fiduciary duty and fiduciary misconduct
- Actions for estate and trust accountings
- Actions for the recovery of assets misappropriated by fiduciaries
- The contest and defense of the validity of wills and trusts for forgery, undue influence and/or lack of testamentary capacity
- Will and trust interpretation or construction
- Litigation related to the fees and commissions claimed by fiduciaries
- Guardianship issues and litigation including actions to protect incapacitated individuals and their assets the appointment of a guardian, and also defending against such claims
- Litigation involving charitable institutions and non-profit entities
Attorney Husain strives to approach each case individually and on a personal basis. In Pennsylvania estate, trust and fiduciary litigation matters are generally heard in the Orphans’ Court division of the Court of Common Pleas. Attorney Husain has extensive experience in the practice and procedure of this division, allowing him to obtain results for his clients in an efficient manner.